Hello and welcome to my cleaning blog. Cleaning can bring you a lot of joy. Without it, our homes and businesses would literally be covered in old food, dust, and garbage. My name is Penny, and in this blog, I'm going to cover cleaning techniques and tips for staying organized. Whether you are trying to wash a stain out of a shirt or keep on top of the vacuuming, I hope these posts help. I also plan to write about hiring professional cleaners for your home, office, or even your industrial facility. My hope is that this blog brings you as much joy as a clean space.
If toxic black mold springs up in every room, office, and space in your building, you may think it's safe to clean it up yourself. If the mold growth is minor, you and your employees could clean it up without a professional cleaning company's help. But since the mold growth is throughout your building, it's wiser and safer to hire a professional company instead. Here's how toxic black mold could affect you and your staff if you decide to clean it up yourself.
What's Toxic Black Mold?
Toxic black mold is also known as Stachybotrys chartarum. This type of mold gives off a dangerous or hazardous substance called mycotoxins. When inhaled or touched, mycotoxins can cause serious problems with the respiratory, nervous, and skin systems. The toxins can also cause hemorrhaging, mental impairment, and death in some adults and children.
Black mold can also grow in colonies. The colonies contain an extensive number of spores that can spread to different areas of the building through your HVAC system. In a number of cases, black mold can grow behind the walls in your building, which makes it difficult to clean without professional assistance. If you do attempt to remove the mold yourself, you could accidentally spread it to clean areas of the building.
One of the safest ways to remove the mold from your establishment is the have the building professionally serviced.
How Do Clean Your Building Without the Health Risks?
You want to consult with a cleaning company that specializes in biohazard cleanup. Biohazard cleaning is used to remove infectious materials, waste products, chemicals, and toxic substances. Because black mold can be dangerous to workers and the general public, it may also be considered hazardous.
A cleaning company will need to find the source of your mold problem, which is usually water or high levels of moisture. You could have extensive leaks in your building's plumbing pipes, basement, or roof. You may also have previous water damage in your building from a sewer backup or flood. Sewer and flood water can contain numerous pathogens, including human waste and parasites. If the inspection detects a leak or water damage in your building, you'll need to remedy the problem as soon as you can.
A cleanup crew will also remove structures that contain large quantities of mold. A crew may use anti-toxin sprays and solutions to kill any small areas of mold in the building.
If you need immediate help to clean up the toxic mold in your building, consult a cleaning company like CSI Cleaning Specialist Inc today.